Saturday, May 26, 2012
Here We Go Again!
We are raising our 11th Guide Dog puppy, and our second from Freedom Guide Dogs for the Blind. She is a black labrador retriever that we named Wanda. She was born on March 9, 2012 into a litter of 8, her Mom is Ice-T and her Dad is Al. Our first lab was released from the guide program at 8 months old due to elbow dysplasia. You can read all about my Journey to Freedom in her blog "Sweet Victory." I'll try to post a link to this page. We returned Victory to Freedom on March 17th and got our first glimpse of Wanda and her brothers and sisters when they were only 8 days old. It was so neat being able to go into Ice-T's pen and hold the tiny pups. Momma is a real love bug, and just wanted us to pet her, which we gladly obliged. I wasn't sure that I wanted to start over again so soon-- we were just barely out of the vaccination and house-breaking phase. But once I held these little guys, my resolve melted away... so here we go- again!
I wished Freedom was closer to us, I would have gone up several times a week to watch these babies grow. Nicole at Freedom was nice enough to indulge me by posting photos on their Facebook page.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment