Monday, May 28, 2012
A Few Words About Housebreaking
Not my favorite thing in the world. For the first couple of days she was home, I watched her like a hawk, and took her out every 20 minutes or so while she was active. When she relieved outside, we celebrated. I wanted to get some things done around the house, so on day three I was less attentive while I focused on my other tasks. Of course, there were accidents. And it was my fault. So, I went back to observing her closely for signs that she may have to go and got her outside quickly. I was able to catch her in the act in the house a couple of times, so that I could express a little disappointment, to show her that wasn't acceptable house behavior. I hung a bell on the kitchen door and rang it every time we went out. She has started to ring the bell, but not consistently. In the past two weeks, she has done very well (or, I have, anyway..) I still have to watch her pretty closely, but we have had very few accidents.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment